Caduceus image   Edenfield Road Surgery logo

Registering with us...

Patients already on our registers may use the online services pages to update their details, and/or fill in a health questionnaire to update us about their medical condition. Please note that we will require proof of your new address, such as a utility bill or similar, which will be checked against our catchment areas shown below to determine whether or not you can remain on our list at your new address.

To register as a new patient:

First check if you are within our area:

Our catchment area has been agreed with NHS England's Greater Manchester Area Team and is based on travelling time required for home visits due to areas worst affected by traffic congestion in the town, and the availability of other surgeries in our surrounding areas.

Click here to see a map of  our catchment area. There is also a postcode checker to see if your address lies within the zone eligible to register with us.

Patients currently registered with us who relocate to addresses to the east of this catchment area as far as a line bounded by Albert Royds Street, Kingsway, Queensway and Edinburgh Way (shown as the A664 on the map) back to our main boundary at Bury Old Road may remain with us. Unfortunately we cannot accept new patients living outside the shaded zone even if they reside within the "extended" zone, and patients relocating to addresses outside both zones will be asked to leave the list and find a surgery nearer to their homes. We still have a very small number of patients living outside these zones who were registered before the system came into effect. When these patients register a change of address they will be reassessed according to the above rules.

Next, the paperwork...

Click here to download a health questionnaire, which asks for some basic details and health information for us to put onto our computer system. This must now be completed and brought to the surgery with proof of address, as we do not process registration requests automatically online for the reasons given below:

Please note that an online request for registration cannot automatically be accepted. We will require proof of your address such as a recent utility bill or similar, and fill in an official registration form before we can confirm your acceptance onto our list. Homeless people may be treated as temporary residents, but you will need to discuss this with us in person at reception.

Ideally we would also like your NHS medical card to help us obtain your records from your previous GP, but if you have mislaid this, we have a form for you to fill in when you arrive which we can send to the Health Authority on your behalf, but we will require details of your previous GP to process this.

Please note that this surgery is now able to accept direct electronic transfer of your computer records from your previous GP provided they also have this facility installed on their system. This greatly reduces the possibility of loss of your sensitive personal data, and means we can provide better quality care as we will have your complete records much sooner.

Last updated Oct 2016
All rights reserved � 2007 site design by Dr S Azfar